For all NSW Government official advice in relation to COVID-19 please see their website here
Update 29th July 2020
From 12.01am on Saturday, 1st August, gyms and fitness studios will have to register their COVID Safety Plan and have a dedicated hygiene marshal on duty at all times. Please check with Snap Fitness here, as their operating hours may vary.
Update 25th June 2020
We are pleased that our food court areas have been able to reopen today, with our COVID-19 Safety plan in place. Please ensure to remain 1.5m apart and limit your time at the food court tables, due to reduced seating.
Update 12th June 2020
Gyms can now re-open, welcome back to Snap Fitness
Update 1st June 2020
Beauty and nail salons are now trading under strict COVID-safe guidelines. All food retailers can now offer customers to dine in while maintaining social distancing. Food to takeaway is still available.
Update 27th May 2020
Beauty and nail salon operators can begin treatments from June 1 under strict COVID-safe guidelines. Please contact our stores directly to make appointments.
For the latest government updates please click here
Update 25th March 2020
As a provider of many critical household products and services, we are pleased to advise that Tweed Mall remains open for business. Shopping centres have been deemed exempt from shutdown regulations.
However, from Wednesday 25 March, you’ll notice some changes at Tweed Mall made in line with the Government’s latest social distancing measures.
• The removal of food court seating
• All food outlets now serving takeaway only
• Closure of gyms, cinemas & entertainment venues
• Beauty therapy, tanning, waxing, nail services, massages & spa services are no longer permitted (from 26 March 2020, commencing midnight tonight)
• Hairdressers & barbershops must abide by the one person per 4m2 rule (26 March 2020, commencing midnight tonight)
All other retailers continue to trade with social distancing practices put into place. Their individual trading hours can be found on their store page here.
The Centre continues to take additional cleaning precautions to ensure that Tweed Mall remains a safe environment for customers to visit for everyday goods and services. In line with government guidelines for stopping the spread of infectious diseases, we ask all customers to observe good hygiene practices at all times. Wash your hands with soap regularly, avoid personal contact with other non-family members, avoid touching your face and utilise hand sanitisation products where available.
We are constantly monitoring Government advice and will provide updates to the Tweed Mall community as soon as new information comes to hand. Customers should continue to check this page for updates.
Update 19th March 2020
The Centre will remain open upon advice from the relevant health authorities to ensure our customers have access to essential products and services.
The health and wellbeing of our shoppers, retailers, team members and community remain our top priority. At present, the recent ban on public gatherings excludes shopping centres as they are considered essential to the community, providing vital services to the local community such as food and groceries, pharmacies, medical centres and many other goods and services.
The Centre has implemented precautionary measures to ensure we are doing all we can to stop the spread. These come in addition to our standard operating procedures and include, but are not limited to:
- Increased routine cleaning of frequently touched hard surfaces
- Closing play areas
- If an in-centre team member of one of our retailers is confirmed as having the virus we require them to contact Centre Management immediately
To help Stop the Spread you should:
- Stay home if you are sick or at higher risk
- Thoroughly wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based sanitiser if you can’t wash your hands
- Cover your cough and sneeze with your arm or a tissue. Then dispose of used tissues and use alcohol-based hand sanitise
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid contact with others (stay at least 1.5 metres from other people)
Should any member of Tweed Mall staff, a retailer, contractor or shopper who has recently been in the centre contract the virus, we will seek and follow the advice of the relevant health authorities
We will continue to monitor this issue and if there is any change in advice, we will notify our valued customers. If you require further information you can contact the National COVID-19 Health Information line on 1800 020 080 or visit https://www.health.gov.au/